Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Assignment 3: Three Genres of Photography

Street -- Architecture

I walked around, in my opinion, one of the prettiest neighborhoods in New York City. The Forest Hills Gardens is modeled after traditional English village so a lot of the homes resemble English cottages, which I think is unique considering its location. I purposely went out when it was overcast to give it a more 'typical English weather' feel to the pictures.







Nature -- Bald trees and flowers

I like the way branches look when the trees are bald. It has a slightly creepy but pretty quality to it, much like Tim Burton movies.







Abstract -- Sleazy Toy Story

For the abstract genre, I decided to do a take on miniature photography. Also, I wanted to do sort of an interplay of light and shadow. I dug deep into my old trunk and found the special edition Barbie doll that my dad gave to me on my 10th birthday as well as a mini wooden mannequin from high school drawing class. 







No comments:

Post a Comment